It is hard to have helpful discussions about church revitalization if we do not know what it is exactly. What is church revitalization? How is it different from church planting? Here are 5 characteristics that help define the work of church revitalization:
5 characteristics of church revitalization:
1) It is an effort to revive an established, but struggling church.
2) It mandates a change in direction.
3) It requires patience and understanding with those there before you.
4) Its goal is to become a healthy, diverse, multi-generational church.
5) Its purpose is to display the glory of Christ to the world.
I wrote an article about the 5 unexpected lessons I learned from church revitalization on a 9 marks ejournal on church revitalization. I commend them both to you as you think through this idea of church revitalization.
Other characteristics to these 5 you would add?