You might not be asked to preach in Middle Earth (a.k.a. New Zealand) like Jim Savastio, but many preachers will serve as a guest preacher at some point in their ministry. No matter how often you preach as a guest, there are also unique joys and trials of a weekly preaching ministry at your own church.
Here are some questions that come up in this conversation:
- What are the differences between guest preaching and preaching at your own church?
- What challenges and temptations attend guest preaching?
- How do you think through accepting invitations to preach outside of your church?
- How do you decide what to preach about when you are a guest?
- What are the challenges and pleasures of preaching in your own church week after week?